Information Professionals classes are taught by Tim Rice, GRI.
Mr. Rice combines a strong background in real estate practice with significant credentials as a superior real estate educator.
As a practicing real estate professional, Rice is a licensed Illinois real estate Managing Broker, an Illinois Certified General Appraiser, and a Graduate of the Realtors® Institute (GRI) – Illinois Association of REALTORS®
Prior to directing his teaching to Information Professionals, Rice was employed for over 14 years as an instructor by the Chicago Association of REALTORS®.
Recognition of his excellence as a teacher includes:
- being elected as President of the Association of Illinois Real Estate Educators;
- authoring Illinois Real Estate Principles and Practices published by Cengage Learning
- being named Real Estate Educator of the Year in 1995 by the Association of Illinois Real Estate Educators;
- being chosen annually since 1984 to serve on the question writing committee for the State of Illinois real estate Broker and Managing Broker exams;
- serving as a subject matter expert with the Education Division of the National Association of REALTORS® in the creations of NAR’s first national appraisal courses;
- sitting on the Board of Directors of the Association of Illinois Real Estate Educators (AIREE) from 1998-2006